- Final Report (in Spanish, 25 pp, PDF, 1053 Kb)
(3 pp, PDF, 201 KB)
Related WHO Sites
- TB Advocacy Report 2003: The Human Face of TB
- Tuberculosis: Strategies, Operations, Monitoring & Evaluation
- TB Literature by Subject
- WHO Tuberculosis Page
Regional TB Meeting 2004
PAHO Tuberculosis Page
The Regional Program on Tuberculosis of the Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO), with support from the PAHO Country Office in Mexico, the Secretary of Health of Mexico and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is holding a meeting of the Regional Tuberculosis Laboratory Network from 6–8 September 2004 in Mexico City.
- Analyze and discuss aspects related to the three areas fundamental for TB laboratories to develop and work properly:
- Quality control.
- National TB Programs using current and new techniques.
- TB Laboratory Networks managing information.
- Become acquainted with the experiences of selected countries that have successfully dealt with the three aforementioned key areas.
- Get to know the work of the laboratories that are currently carrying out reference functions in the Region.
- Distribute and discuss some regional proposals in the three aforementioned key areas.
- Promote networks of collaboration and communication among those in charge of TB Laboratories and the Heads of National TB Programs.