This information is archived and is not being updated.
| Next >>
Perspectives in Health. Volume 2, Number 2, 1997.
The magazine of the Pan American Health Organization
- A New Chapter Begins in Guatemala's History By Bryna Brennan
After 36 years of internal conflict, Guatemalans are working to heal their country with the common values of health.
- Poster Art for Health By Roberta Okey
Posters are a perennially popular vehicle for promoting good health. The countries of the Americas combine their artistic and literary bent to produce powerful messages reflective of society's concerns.
- Destination: Healthy Tourism in the Caribbean By C. James Hospedales
The future of Caribbean tourism is compromised by recent reports of disease outbreaks. In response, a first-of-its-kind partnership is being forged to bring safer, more sustainable tourism to the region.
- Reinventing Macho: Men as Partners in Reproductive Health By Elayne Clift
New initiatives to increase male involvement and responsibility in family planning and health issues will ultimately benefit both sexes and create a stabler, more equitable family environment.
- Tobacco: The Next World War? By Daniel Epstein
Angry governments and communities are declaring war on the tobacco industry as it seeks to hook a new generation of smokers and secure markets in developing countries.
About Perspectives in HealthOther magazines
| Next >>