2008 (Vol. 2)
- Vol. 2, No. 12 (December 2008): Season's Greetings; Personal Testimonials: Two Christmases Ago ...; Progress in the Countries: Argentina Publishes Report on Improving Its Cervical Cancer Program; El Salvador: AMNET Workshop on CNCD Policy Analysis & Decision-Making; Announcements: New PAHO Book Reveals Ties between Excessive Consumption of Alcohol and Domestic Violence; New Online Master's Degree Program in Advanced Oncology; News Roundup; Erratum.
- Vol. 2, No. 11 (November 2008): Spotlight: World Diabetes Day 2008: PAHO Urges Fight Against Obesity and Malnutrition in the Americas; Basic Facts on Diabetes; Ten Misconceptions on Diabetes; Progress in the Countries: Chile Inaugurates Cancer Week; News Roundup.
- Vol. 2, No. 10 (October 2008): <Personal Testimonials: The Human Cost: The Year Five Men in My Life Died from a Chronic Disease; Regional Action: PAHO Directing Council Adopts Regional Plan to Fight Cervical Cancer; Progress in the Countries: CNCD Surveillance in MERCOSUR Countries; Barbados Civil Society Conference on CNCDs; Announcements: PAHEF Supports Healthy Aging; PAHO & PAHEF Present Inter-American Health Leadership Award to Dr. Cesar Victora of Brazil; Director's Newsletter Addresses Health Inequities.
- Vol. 2, No. 9 (September 2008): Spotlight: Cancer: World Cancer Congress 2008; PAHO Featured at the World Cancer Congress; World Cancer Declaration Sets Ambitious Targets for 2020; PAHO Unites Cancer Control Stakeholders from LAC during World Cancer Congress; Central America and the Dominican Republic Define a Subregional Plan for Cancer Prevention & Control; Global Developments: WHO to Establish Chronic Disease Research Priorities; Progress in the Countries:Argentina: Community Promoters Project Report; Trinidad and Tobago Appoints a CNCD Technical Advisory Committee.
- Vol. 2, No. 8 (August 2008):
Spotlight: Trans Fat Free Americas: Declaration of Rio de Janeiro; Caribbean Update: Trinidad & Tobago Physical Activity Workshop; Trinidad & Tobago Consultation on Caribbean Private Sector Response to Chronic Diseases; Dominica NCD Summit; Jamaican Tobacco Project Invited to India; Jamaica Hosts Caribbean Expert Consultation on CVDs & Diabetes; Barbados National CNCD Commission; Key CNCD Events: Guatemala: Certification of First Round of Cardiovascular Health Promoters; Information Resources; PanAm Steps Surveillance Instrument Updated'Report on Cancer Stakeholders Meeting.
- Vol. 2, No. 7 (July 2008):
Spotlight: PAHO To Consider CNCD Resolutions; Partner's Forum "12 x 2012"; Key CNCD Events: Global Vaccine Alliance Supports Introduction of HPV Vaccine; Jamaica: Prime Minister Golding Underscores Commitment to Caribbean Wellness; Caribbean Wellness Day; Did you know? CARMEN Policy Observatory.
- Vol. 2, No. 6 (June 2008):
Spotlight: Tobacco; World No Tobacco Day 2008; WNTD across the Americas; Awards and Recognition for the Americas; Jamaican Heart Foundation Receives Regional Grant for Tobacco Warnings; Spotlight: Cancer; Stakeholders Meeting for a Regional Action Plan; Fact Sheets on Cancer in the Americas; Towards Comprehensive Cervical Cancer Prevention & Control; Congress on Childhood Cancer.
- Vol. 2, No. 5 (May 2008):
Editor's Note: Look around you: A Tale of Trash; Regional Developments: World Health Assembly Sets Bold New Path for CNCDs; Alcohol as a Risk Factor for Chronic Disease; Progress in the Countries: Guatemala Declares April Healthy Living Month; 20 Years of Cervical Cancer Prevention in Chile; CNCD Surveillance in the Southern Cone; Upcoming Events, Two Consecutive International Events in Chile: Social Marketing and Child Obesity Course; Pan American Congress to Promote Vegetable and Fruit Consumption; Information Resources: Web-Based Healthcare and Chronic Disease.
- Vol. 2, No. 4 (April 2008):
Editor's Note: The CARMEN Coat: Exemplifying Integrated Prevention & Control of Chronic Diseases & Risk Factors; Regional Developments: International Summit on Nutrition & Health; Information Resources: Stopping the Rising Tide of Chronic Diseases: Everybody's Epidemic; New Evidence from Peru's Cervical Cancer Demonstration Project; New Diabetes Guide for Latin America.
- Vol. 2, No. 3 (March 2008):
Editor's Notes: Exploding the Myths; Partnership & Teamwork: CNCD Partners Forum; Regional Developments: World Kidney Day: 13 March 2008; Symposium on Cervical Cancer Prevention; Progress in the Countries: New CNCD Newsletter Launched in Brazil; Information Resources: New WHO Cardiovascular Handbook; New Guidelines for Diabetes and Hypertension in the Caribbean.
- Vol. 2, No. 2 (February 2008):
Editor's Note: Chronic Disease: The Case for Urgent Global Action; Stopping the Epidemic of Chronic Disease: Focus on Advocacy and Policy; Regional Developments: An End to Cervical Cancer—The Time Is Now!; Progress in the Countries: Subregional Cancer Plan for Central America and the Dominican Republic; PanAm STEPS Country Update; Announcements: 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer; New Improved CARMEN Website; 2008 PAHEF Grants Program; Letters to the Editor.
- Vol. 2, No. 1 (January 2008):
Greetings from the Editor; Special Feature: Cancer (Celebrate World Cancer Day: 4 February 2008; 10 Key Findings and Recommendations for Effective Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment Programs; New Global Cervical Cancer Advocacy Coalition; Follow-Up on New Cancer Center in Argentina; Cervical Cancer Resources for Public Health Professionals); Progress in the Countries: Findings from Diabetes Project in Mexico; Physical Activity and Public Health Course in Guatemala; Visit to PAHO-NHLBI Project in Mixco, Guatemala.
2007 (Vol. 1)
- Vol. 1, No. 12 (December 2007):
Greetings from the Editor; Regional Developments: CARMEN Biennial Meeting Report; 2nd International Cancer Control Congress Report; Progress in the Countries: Mexico: Meeting of Americas' Network for Chronic Disease Surveillance; Announcements: PepsiCo Global Health Director Serves on PAHEF Board.
- Vol. 1, No. 11 (November 2007):
Regional Developments: Biennial Meeting of the CARMEN Network; Celebration of World Diabetes Day; Progress in the Countries: CARMEN Policy Observatory Workshop in Barbados; Announcements: Comprehensive Website Outlines PAHO CNCD Strategy and Directions; New Publications: Two Articles on Tobacco by Lawrence O. Gostin: Global Regulatory Strategies for Tobacco Control; The Tobacco Wars: Global Litigation Strategies.
- Vol. 1, No. 10 (October 2007):
Regional Developments: Don Francisco's Obesity Program Tops Ratings; Progress in the Countries: Central American Ministers of Health Resolve to Prevent and Control Cancer; Argentina: New Cancer Treatment Center; Panama: Capacity-Building Workshop with Focal Points; Workshop in Barbados for Eastern Caribbean Policy-Makers; Announcements: PAHO to Translate CARICOM Declaration of Port-of Spain to Stop the CNCD Epidemic; Upcoming Events: Biennial CARMEN Meeting in the Bahamas; 2nd International Cancer Control Congress in Brazil; Information Resources: New CNCD Advocacy Toolkit from WHO; Cervical Cancer Practice Guide Now Available in Spanish and French.
- Vol. 1, No. 9 (September 2007):
Progress in the Countries: CARICOM Summit on CNCDs (Landmarks of Caribbean Cooperation in Health, CARICOM Leaders Declare War on Chronic Diseases, Mr. Golding a Hit at CARICOM Summit); Nicaragua Plans a National Cancer Program; Upcoming Events: El Paso, Texas: Two Diabetes Meetings; Information Resources: Guatemala Survey on CNCD Risk Factors; Cuba: New Publication on Diabetes Education.
- Vol. 1, No. 8 (August 2007): Regional Developments: Breast Cancer Guidelines Now Available in Spanish; Progress in the Countries: Policy Recommendations on Tobacco Control for CARICOM Countries; USA: New Guidelines for Physical Activity; Trinidad and Tobago NCD Programs; Follow-Up on Nicaragua Meetings; Upcoming Events: CARICOM Summit on CNCDs; Call for Abstracts, Biennial CARMEN Meeting.
- Vol. 1, No. 7 (July 2007): Regional Developments: WHO/ICO Information Centre on Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and Cervical Cancer; Progress in the Countries: Meetings in Nicaragua: National Plan and CAMDI (Central American Diabetes Initiative); Colombia: Community Service Research Network Dedicated to Care for Persons with Chronic Disease; Information Resources: An Economic Perspective on Chronic Diseases.
- Vol. 1, No. 6 (June 2007): Regional Developments: PAHO Urges New Approach to Cervical Cancer Prevention at Briefing with United States Congress; Progress in the Countries: Trans Fat Free Americas: Conclusions and Recommendations of the Task Force; Annual Meeting of Caribbean Epidemiologists & Lab Directors;
Five-Day PanAm STEPS Workshop in Aruba; Announcements: PAHEF Welcomes International Nutritionist to Its Board; Upcoming Events: Trans Fat Meeting with Food Industry.
- Vol. 1, No. 5 (May 2007): Regional Developments: Regional Strategy and Plan of Action for Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control in Latin America and the Caribbean, 2008–2015; New Recommendations for Effective Cervical Cancer Prevention; Winners Announced in PACI Project Competition, Training Workshop Held; Progress in the Countries: US-Mexican Border Health Association Diabetes Forum;
VIGITEL: Brazil's Risk Factor Surveillance by Phone; Announcements: Call for Abstracts, 2nd International Cancer Control Congress
- Vol. 1, No. 4 (April 2007): Regional Developments: Nutrition Experts call for "Trans Fat Free Americas"; Progress in the Countries: Meeting of PAHO/WHO Representatives from Andean and Southern Cone Countries; Announcements: Caribbean Summit on Chronic Disease Prevention; Information Resources: Learn how to eat, drink, and be healthy!
- Vol. 1, No. 3 (March 2007): Regional Developments: Celebration of International Women's Day; Pan American Tobacco Information Online System (PATIOS);Training to Improve Evidence-Based Public Health in Latin America and the Caribbean; Progress in the Countries: Launch of the Deceased Donor Program in Trinidad; Nicaragua: Creation of a National Committee for Cancer Prevention and Control; Announcements: PAHEF Grants and Awards.
- Vol. 1, No. 2 (February 2007): Regional Developments: WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control; Let's eat healthy, live well and get moving America!; CARMEN School; Preventing Chronic Disease: A Framework for Country Action; Progress in the Countries: US-Mexican Border: Preventing Obesity in Children and Young People; Subregional Meeting of Representatives & Center Directors from Mesoamerica & the Spanish-Speaking Caribbean.
- Vol. 1, No. 1 (January 2007): Regional Developments: Regional Strategy Approved; Campaign Against Obesity Takes Shape; Partnerships and Resource Mobilization; Promoting Cardiovascular Health; CARMEN Policy Observatory Meeting; Progress in the Countries: Mexico & Central America Implementing Strategy; Central American Diabetes Initiative; STEPS Implementation Underway; Information Resources: TATI Report Published; Chronic Disease in Times of Disaster.