COUNTRY HEALTH PROFILES
From its very beginnings, the Pan American Health Organization has had as one of its principal functions the collection from, and dissemination to, the republics of the Americas "of all data of every character relative to the sanitary conditions of their respective ports and territories." For close to a century, it has documented the changes and advances in health achieved by the countries of the Region.
Since 1954 the Organization has issued a quadrennial publication, Health in the Americas, formerly Health Conditions in the Americas (1994 Edition), that assesses the evolving health situationdiseases, services, resourcesat the regional and country levels. An annual series titled Health Statistics from the Americas began to be published in 1991. PAHO's country profile database functions as the official regional information source on mortality in the Americas.
HEALTH IN THE AMERICAS,
|Visit Health In the Americas 2007|
- Order online the printed version from the PAHO Bookstore.
- Health in the Americas, 1998 Edition, is available in Portable Document Format (PDF). Download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader and then:
- View or download complete text of Volume I (4.6 MB PDF file), which consists of:
- Health Situation Trends
- Health by Population Group
- Diseases or Health Impairments
- The Response of Health Systems
- Technical and Financial External Cooperation on Health
- View or download complete text of Volume II (7.6 MB PDF file)
- View or download each individual coutry profile (PDF, 100-200 KB each):